Friday 7 February 2014

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?

Jeremiah 30:19, Psalm 100:4-5
I woke up late last night for no reason and I didn't really know what to do. I then remembered that I was reading a book by Dr Paul Eneche on "10 principal secrets of principal people". And I got to the chapter of the action of thinking and I decided to practice what I had read. I didn't know what really to think of but then it hit me "What are you thankful for". I don't know why that came to my mind but I guess it's because of the things I've been going through of late.
 Not to keep you in the dark, from the beginning of this year things have not been easy for me and my family and this has caused us a lot of emotional breakdown. But then when the Holy Spirit laid this in my heart (what are you thankful for) I began to ask myself questions. Does it mean because I'm hurt I won't thank God? Does it mean that my happiness determines the praise I Give to God? Hmmm, when I thought deeply about this I said to myself ,"Get it Right".
I then began to think of the things God has done for me this year, some that most of us consider to be normal but yet divine. I thought of how I wake up every day, breath freely, eat well, never in need of money, very healthy, go to work and church every day (100 days fasting and prayer RCCG), strength to carry out my normal activities, seeing my family everyday and list goes on and on. After thinking about all this the first thing I said out loud was "the devil is a liar". He cannot just come from nowhere and begin to affect my thanksgiving to God because I didn't get all I wanted. And I know that there are many of us that our thanksgiving is conditional; meaning that only when we get blessed that's when we are grateful to God but it shouldn't be so.
God's love for us is unconditional and that is enough reason why we should thank Him. See, the truth is that we may not be where we want to be, but we should be grateful to God for what we are. Learn to appreciate God. So I urge to take out time and tell God how grateful you are for all the things he has done for you even those ones you count as irrelevant. And I'm sure you know that when you thank someone for what they have done for you, they will be pushed to do more for you.

ASSIGNMENT
IF YOU THINK WELL, YOU WILL THANK WELL.
1) Begin to list out all that God has done for you all the way from last year 2013 to this year 2014 and be thankful. Be grateful for where you are now because you are definitely not where you used to be. 
2) Stop complaining about your present situation and start Thanking God for the solution already
Psalm 105:1-2 and Psalm 124
God bless you

1 comment:

  1. i am thankful that u shared what seems to be common knowledge but not common practice. this is the beginning of greater ideas to come. be very thankful

    ReplyDelete